Developer Rocksteady Games returns players to its dark vision of Gotham, where the Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane has been replaced with a walled-off expanse of city streets and abandoned buildings, ruled only by deadly mad anarchy. From a familiar third-person perspective, players resume the single-player role of Batman, to embark upon missions of infiltration, assault, recovery, and rescue. Gruesomely outnumbered, Batmans survival still relies largely on stealthy ninja tactics, but the open, outdoor environments of the urban warzone occasionally call for cape-aided hang-gliding and grappling-hook acrobatics, as well. Although the territory of the new Arkham City is nearly five times larger than the old asylum grounds, Batman/s path is sometimes limited by outbursts of gang warfare, usually best avoided. The game also regularly presents puzzles for Batman to solve, in the gadget-enhanced Detective Mode. The combat system has been refined, allowing Batman to counter attacks from multiple opponents at once, and to access his gadgets in the middle of a fight.
Set only a year after the events of Arkham Asylum, the games story begins with Quincy Sharp, the former warden who is now mayor of Gotham City. His plan - to shut down the asylum, move the inmates to a walled in section of city slums, and hire private security to guard the new borders - has created a zone of pure lawlessness in the heart of Gotham. It is a city within a city, where inmates are free to roam the streets, stealing and killing as they wish, so long as they do not attempt to escape. Control of this urban wasteland is now contested by two rival gangs: one led by the Joker, with the help of Harley Quinn, the other led by Two Face, who has called for the public execution of Catwoman - much to the delight of the other bloodthirsty residents. Side-stories involve more of Arkhams most famously devious and demented recidivists, including Mr. Freeze, the Penguin, Poison Ivy, and the Riddler. Kevin Conroy again voices Batman, with Mark Hamill as the Joker.
- Become the Dark Knight - Batman - Arkham City delivers a genuinely authentic Batman experience with advanced, compelling gameplay on every level: high-impact street brawls, nail-biting stealth, multifaceted forensic investigation, epic super-villain encounters and unexpected glimpses into Batmans tortured psychology
- Play as Catwoman - Catwoman is a fully playable character in Batman: Arkham City who has her own storyline in the main game which is seamlessly interwoven with Batmans story arc. Her navigation skills, combat moves and gadgetry have been specifically designed to deliver a fully featured and unique experience
- Advanced FreeFlow Combat - Batman faces highly coordinated, simultaneous attacks from every direction as Arkhams gangs bring heavy weapons and all-new AI to the fight, but Batman steps it up with twice the number of combat animations and double the range of attacks, counters and takedowns
- New Gadgets - Batman has access to new gadgets such as the Cryptographic Sequencer V2 and Smoke Pellets, as well as new functionality for existing gadgets that expand the range of Batmans abilities without adding extra weight to his Utility Belt
- New Story - Five-time Emmy-Award-winner Paul Dini returns to pen a brand-new story for Batman - Arkham City, taking gamers deep inside the diseased heart of Gotham
- Arkham Has Moved - Following the closure of Arkham Asylum and Blackgate prison, Gothams new mayor, Quincy Sharp ordered the relocation of all inmates to Arkham City - a sprawling new super-prison five times bigger than Arkham Island, enclosing a wide variety of industrial districts, iconic locations and Gotham landmarks
- Huge Cast of Characters - Players encounter numerous characters from the Batman universe, including Catwoman, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Penguin, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, Calendar Man, The Joker, The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Talia al Ghul, Solomon Grundy and other iconic characters yet to be revealed
- Featured VO Talent - Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy reprise their roles as The Joker and Batman respectively. Stana Katic of the popular series Castle voices the character Talia al Ghul
- Play in Stunning 3D - Delve deep into Arkham Citys breathtaking environments and immersive gameplay in stereoscopic 3D when playing on any 3D HDTV and wearing active shutter glasses that are compatible with the television. The game also supports NVIDIA 3D Vision technology allowing players to experience stereoscopic 3D on GeForce GPU-equipped desktop or notebook PCs and compatible 3DTVs
Geen trailer gevonden
Support via Skype?
- Grootste assortiment
- inruil mogelijk
- lage prijzen
- ervaren personeel
- afhalen mogelijk